HVAC system maintenance is a year-round endeavor and can become especially important during the winter months. Orange County does not experience the bitterly cold weather that some of the country is dealing with right now, but it still cools off enough that we require an efficient and properly operating furnace. The good news is that HVAC equipment is built to take the workload and keep your home comfortable.
HEATING SYSTEM REPAIRS
Associated Heating & Air has served Anaheim and Orange County, CA since 1990 and we remain committed to handling all of our customer’s HVAC needs. So, if you think your furnace is not functioning properly and needs some attention, here are some common issues and how to fix them:
- Lack of maintenance. Your system needs regular maintenance to keep it clean and running the way it should. Schedule a thorough inspection at least once a year with a licensed professional.
- Dirty filters. See No. 1 above. Filters are the front line of defense when it comes to keeping dirt and other stuff that shouldn’t be there out of your system and can restrict air flow if clogged. They should be checked/changed at least every other month if not sooner.
- Thermostat not working right. Your thermostat is the control center of your system and if it is malfunctioning, this could affect the fan and blower operations and the overall comfort level in your home. Check batteries. Fuses and electrical power to the unit, then make sure it is set where you want.
- Furnace won’t turn on. This is likely an issue with the pilot light or ignition switch. Check to make sure there is gas or electricity coming to the unit, turn off the pilot light switch, then try to relight it again. If it doesn’t light or goes out again and again, call your friends at Associated Heating & Air for a checkup.
- Frequent cycling or non-stop blower. These issues can be symptoms of a faulty thermostat, clogged air filters or even a faulty limit switch. These possible problems require the attention of an HVAC professional.
- Poor airflow. Once again, clogged filters can cause airflow issues and so can leaky or clogged ductwork. Change those filters and schedule a ductwork inspection.
- Weird noises. Your heating system should not rumble, rattle or squeal when it is running. If you hear any of these noises, call one of our technicians pronto.
An efficient or improperly operating HVAC system also has a great impact on your home’s indoor air quality (IAQ). Associated Heating & Air are Orange County’s experienced IAQ professionals, and we offer a full line of services and products to ensure your family is breathing the cleanest, safest air possible. Call us today to schedule an IAQ analysis and learn more about our duct cleaning services, specialized air filters and air scrubber options. And don’t forget to stay in touch with us on Facebook and Twitter!